Wednesday 29 August 2012

Paralympics showcases new government proposal for ill and disabled homeless.


So now we know – it was clear from the very opening of the Paralympics ceremony that the ill and disabled of Britain are to be given free umbrellas to shelter from the hard rain of Welfare Cuts and the resulting homelessness of having their benefits withdrawn.

I for one will be jolly grateful to get such a bumbershoot under which to shelter when my current ESA claim fails to provide me with money to eat and pay for the part of my rent not covered by housing benefit which I will also lose because I am not well enough to comply with the rules of JSA.

I would like the BIG UMBRELLA so I can fit a few other people in as well. If anyone can tell me how to claim one of those it would be very helpful indeed. I’m a little worried that the smaller samples of single-unit umbrella living spaces might not afford me the coverage necessary for my continual need to remain horizontal without feeling too unwell and, thus, passing out. And as you know from the 80’s the rich and powerful get quite annoyed if they have to step over passed-out homeless people on the way to the opera.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent ! The situation is truly horrific - 1,100 disabled people died last year after they were found "fit for work", 108,000 disabled people are to be forced out of their homes, 90,000 motability cars are to be confiscated, , so far there have been about 150 suicides - while 67% per cent of ATOS's assessments are found to be wrong.... even the Daily Mail says :"The message from Cameron and Clegg's Coalition to disabled and sick people is clear. Accept what we say, or we will make life a (barely) living hell."http://poultonblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012/03/people-are-choosing-suicide-to-escape-poverty-is-this-the-states-final-solution.html

    ReplyDelete